Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile insurance

Options
  • 30-01-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

My sister has bought a phone in England but is living here. Any way to get it insured. The few places she's checked have said no. Has to be bought in Ireland.

Any help?

Gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rj087

Ive just been looking myself and insure4less.ie seem to accept phones bought in the UK and Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I've said it before, and I can't recommend it enough: uFirst account from Ulster Bank.

€10 per month for the account (use it, if you want), and you get free phone insurance (underwritten by Aviva, processed by the Carphone Warehouse), free travel insurance, death insurance (but that's no benefit to me), discounted car and home insurance, 25% off Ticketmaster, and more. Bloody good, too.

I lost my phone one night, called the helpline the following Saturday morning, and they took details on the phone. The claim was approved on the call within five minutes. I picked up a replacement, minus a €50 excess, the following Monday in the Carphone Warehouse down the country (as I was down there) and not in Dublin. Any store will do, too.

Well recommended, more reliable, and better than other insurers.

Oh, and as it is an account, you get free overdrafts, no fees, and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I've said it before, and I can't recommend it enough: uFirst account from Ulster Bank.

€10 per month for the account (use it, if you want), and you get free phone insurance (underwritten by Aviva, processed by the Carphone Warehouse), free travel insurance, death insurance (but that's no benefit to me), discounted car and home insurance, 25% off Ticketmaster, and more. Bloody good, too.

I lost my phone one night, called the helpline the following Saturday morning, and they took details on the phone. The claim was approved on the call within five minutes. I picked up a replacement, minus a €50 excess, the following Monday in the Carphone Warehouse down the country (as I was down there) and not in Dublin. Any store will do, too.

Well recommended, more reliable, and better than other insurers.

Oh, and as it is an account, you get free overdrafts, no fees, and the like.

Also have this ... and make well over €120 a year on ticketmaster refunds alone! It really is a great bargain.
    The account is no longer available to new customers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

That's the worst! Scrap that so. :-)

However, surely you can open the account in the NI offices? I know the service is still available there. Also, you should be able to open a Northern Ireland account thanks to the Good Friday agreements and all that?

Advertisement