Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is V9 and how do I get rid of it?

Options
  • 30-01-2014 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi all,

Recently I've noticed when I'm online shopping these V9 ads keep appearing comparing products. It's very irritating and I don't know how or why it started happening. From google searches I have seen it referred to as some sort of malware. I can't seem to get rid it.

Any ideas or info on this please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

Yes I think that's it only it didn't change my browser settings. Ads keep popping up when I'm shopping online trying to redirect me to other sites. It's like when I'm looking at a product it pops up comparing the same or similar products on other sites. It's very annoying. I downloaded a couple of songs from 4shared recently and I suspect maybe that is how it got onto my computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

I just finished following the instructions on jonhdoe99's link which included downloading adwcleaner and it seems to be gone now. Thanks a million. :)

Advertisement