Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outnumbered: The Final Season *SPOILERS!*

Options
  • 30-01-2014 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭

Outnumbered started it's final season last night.
    Jake is 17, Ben is 13 and Karen is 12.

I know it has only been one episode but it appears to have kept its charm.

Jake is trying the normal teenager stuff, Ben has his habits and is still childish and Karen is a moody animal lover.

The only problem I have with Karen so far is that they have portrayed her as some sort of genius and now seem to be backtracking. She did have one gem of a sentence though, "Maybe if Churchill studied harder, he would have won the war quicker".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Danda99

It is better than I expected. It pretty much relied on the cuteness & precocious comments of the children, particularly Karen but they seem to be using this as the next parenting challenge. I watch more american & Netflix shows now which tend to be longer. This works for me for 30 mins but prob couldn't watch it for much more in 1 go..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,727 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Started watching this a few weeks ago. I think it's very good. Are the earlier series good also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

lertsnim wrote: »
    Started watching this a few weeks ago. I think it's very good. Are the earlier series good also?

The first couple of seasons are the good ones. And are very good. It is looking very tired now and thought it would only be people following from the start would still be sticking with it. I would rate the current series as mediocre at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I thought last nights episode was easily the best of those this season. Only one more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,727 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sandwlch wrote: »
    The first couple of seasons are the good ones. And are very good. It is looking very tired now and thought it would only be people following from the start would still be sticking with it. I would rate the current series as mediocre at best.

I'm in for a treat so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I have liked this season so far but last night's episode wrecked my head with all that phone crap. And the mother should be fired for that kind of carry-on. Is it the end of the world if an 11/12 year old has to wait outside for a bit?

I take it they're scripting it more fully now, because I think as the kids got older it must have been hard for them to say funny things while they're more self-aware. But it does work well, they can all act.

Advertisement