Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

160e for 3 upgrade?!!

Options
  • 30-01-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I'm with 3 (have been on a 2 year contract) and have paid around 47 to 120 including VAT a month. Finally got round to an upgrade, am entitled to an iPhone 5C for €39.. Was kind of surprised to find out that itd be €160 if I wanted to upgrade to a 5S? Am I being unreasonable or is this just ridiculous? Have all the kids plans on 3, but if anyone has a better deal I'd change the lot. Surely I've paid for an iPhone 5S three times over at this point!
    I'm posting this from my daughters account, joys of mobile Internet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

Supply and demand.

5c sales are falling below what was expected.

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_stock_takes_a_hit_after_unimpressive_q1_performance-news-7681.php

If Apple reduce the price on the 5c relative to the 5s, they the expect that more 5c's will be sold.

Having said that I don't think Apple users behave as one would expect normal people to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

€160 is quite standard for a 5S on a typical upgrade.

The cost of the 5C has been reduced on a lot of upgrades to make up for slow sales. So a difference of €120 is about right, given the same difference in the cost for the sim free version.

Advertisement