Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratchet & Clank: Nexus

Options
  • 30-01-2014 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

I just started playing through Ratchet & Clank: Nexus the other night. I'm glad to see that they have returned to a more traditional Ratchet game after the misstep that was QForce. I tried to play QForce but gave up after an hour. Tower defense games just aren't my thing. It is also more traditional than All 4 One, a game that comes in for a lot of criticism. I personally don't think it is a great game but it is decent and worth a try if you are a fan of the series.

Nexus though is right in line with Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty and A Crack in Time (the best 3D platformer of last generation). I'm not that far into yet but I have read that it is quite short so I guess I could be further along than I think. I have just reached the first of the Clank side quests. As usual they have a new mechanic for you to play with as Clank and this one seems pretty good.

The graphics in this game are pretty amazing. The environments are large, colourful and filled with nice effects. The animation on the characters is great as usual. I do have one complaint though and it is the framerate. Normally I'm not too fussed about framerate. I don't care if it is 30fps or 60fps but it at least has to be consistent. Once the action hots up in Nexus the framerate can drop noticably and has already cost me a few lives as it has led me to mistime jumps.

Anyone else played or playing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

I played this and loved it.
    Also agree with your conclusions that when things got pretty hectic the framerate suffered.

But...(and there's always a but)...I found it far too short.
    I picked up the game thinking it was a new full-story game with several weeks of gameplay (I collect everything in these games), but it turns out to be basicially a dlc with max a few hours gameplay.

I hope they bring a new, proper game out for the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

GarH wrote: »
    I hope they bring a new, proper game out for the PS4.

I say it is inevitable that they will release a PS4 Ratchet game. Especially with the movie in production. I'd say it would look phenomenal on the PS4.

Advertisement