Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question On Accumulators

Options
  • 30-01-2014 2:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

I'll be honest and say I'll relatively new to betting. I was just curious on an aspect of accumulator betting.

Say I picked 8 separate premier league matches of a Saturday. I get the basic accumulator itself, but then I see options for "double from eight" , "treble from eight" and so on.

How exactly do these function? For example does a treble from eight mean if 3 of my 8 predictions come in I win?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Yes that's right but there are 56 possible trebles from 8 selections so you are effectively placing 56 separate bets and if only 3 teams win then you will have 1 winner & 55 losers, if 4 teams win then you will have 4 winning trebles & 52 losers, if 5 win then you have 10 winners & 46 losers etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Thanks! So for example on PP it showed a treble from 8 as winnings of €529 from a €56 bet, so that's basically a €1 bet on each of the 56 possible outcomes?

So if I pick all 8 to win and only 3 win and the other 5 lose, I only get a fraction of the €529? To get the full €529 I would essentially need to have 8 trebles is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scobyone

Yeah,that's right governor ,the figure PP show at that stage is the maximum return if all the trebles come in. Obviously,if all the trebles came in,you would also win huge on the accumulator and the four folds,five folds etc
    Eight is a bit of a stretch mind you,you could be at that for a while, as I'm sure you know!
    I'm not embarrassed to admit that I regularly try a fivefold and just do the trebles as a little cover. That's the way I roll
    Good luck anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Thanks for the help lads :)

Advertisement