Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just to share my joy...

Options
  • 30-01-2014 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭

In US for a few weeks. Got a nice upgrade on the car.

5.7 litre 350+ bph vroom vroom. 0-60 in about 4 seconds.

17 miles to the gallon.

Undertaking is legal in the US and with a car like this totally fun.

Dodge Challenger.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Oh boy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I hate people in US. Same money that we pay for bog standard Fiesta, they get god damn V8 Muscle cars. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

'Murica.

In a good way. Congrats !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Nice, amazing that in the US anything goes but over here any car over 2 litre is seen as burning a hole in the ozone layer and making the polar bears reach for the ice cubes!! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

"Hello dere, is dat de American police? Dere's a mad boardsie tearing' around Californi-ay with a major hard-on and a huuuge fecken' car or automobile or whatever yiz call dem, rip pin' shoite outta de tarmac / concrate. The humber of his automobile is '7BL J352'. Approach with caution that yoke is huuuge - an so is the car" Just jealous :( Like, drive careful dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Xcellor

The only thing this car cant do is talk. It has redefined my idea of driving. Back home I drive a boring toyota avensis. This thing is like a rocket. I overtake cars already on the motorway while coming off the on ramp.

It has a 60 litre tank and I can brim it with a little over 65$ cheap by Irish standards.

I drove from LA to Las Vegas, 350 miles give or take, pure joy. It takes so little effort to get to 60 and with a quick press of pedal up to 100mph. just for short bursts between sections of cars.

In the evening when I'm bored I'll just go out and drive. Funny I never had that inclination with the toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mb1725 wrote: »
    Nice, amazing that in the US anything goes but over here any car over 2 litre is seen as burning a hole in the ozone layer and making the polar bears reach for the ice cubes!! :rolleyes:

That would be one way of looking at it all right...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Xcellor wrote: »
    5.7 litre 350+ bph vroom vroom. 0-60 in about 4 seconds.

Fantastic car! But that 0-60 can't be right with that weight and bhp!

mathepac wrote: »
    "Hello dere, is dat de American police? Dere's a mad boardsie tearing' around Californi-ay with a major hard-on and a huuuge fecken' car or automobile or whatever yiz call dem, rip pin' shoite outta de tarmac / concrate. The humber of his automobile is '7BL J352'. Approach with caution that yoke is huuuge - an so is the car" Just jealous :( Like, drive careful dude.

Yeah careful is not the word, when I got into it after 17 hours of plane/jetlagged tired I was the most paranoid ive ever been. Was slightly whipped lashed because if you take your foot off the accelerator too fast the car says "WTF don't do that" and jolts its actually as if you have pressed the break.

I will be truly sad to give it back because I won't drive something as cool as this again in a while.

That is what the stats said.

The car actually has a built in 0-60 mph but to get a stretch of road with no cars and to start off from 0 is challenging...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I hate you!!!

But seriously fair play, I would happily swap my left one for that car if I could run it that cheaply. If that was here someone would want to convert it to LPG or make it a commercial for cheap tax

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

More pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Some car that. Had the pleasure of driving a colleague's one on that same route not too long ago. Anytime I'm back in Ireland I die a little inside when I leave the car rental agency. Recently bought a Jeep grand cherokee srt8 over here. 6.4 L 465 hp of pure power and speed. A friend recommended one. Never expected something this size to be 0-60 in about 4 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Have fun i wish i could have a go in it :)

Just puts our governments small minded backward attitude to motoring into perspective really, doesn't it ???

Everyone driving souless s**tboxes and not even getting near the claimed mpg :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

I hate people in US. Same money that we pay for bog standard Fiesta, they get god damn V8 Muscle cars.

more for you .....

Happy kid in her Camaro :

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

When I drove that 5.7 I timed it. It was slightly over 5 seconds. Still unbelievable speed.

From the side...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

When I drove that 5.7 I timed it. It was slightly over 5 seconds. Still unbelievable speed.

Sounds more correct to me! How much are they out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I'm in the U.S at the moment as well.

Im picking up a Mustang on Friday for a roand trip from San Fran to LA and back :D

It really pisses me off seeing the cars people drive over here in comparison with what we drive back home.

Even the "mundane" cars like passats, its nearly always a top spec V6. Golf GTI's and R32's driven by house wives that havent got a clue about cars. Bmw 3 series e90's are all 330i or 335i's driven by normal people. Audi S5's and S4's everywhere.

Back home we're peddled under specced, under powered diesel pauper versions of these cars for twice the price and think that a 320d ES with no air con and wind down windows in the rear is a luxury/premium car that the neighbours would be jealous of and anything above 2.0 litre is space shuttle territory :rolleyes:

We're a nation of ~4million, with a population so insignificant WE should be the ones at an advantage FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Better call Saul!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've only had one muscle car while in the US (a Chevy Camaro) but I've often gotten upgraded versions of more normal saloons. I had a Buick Verano recently which was so comfortable inside. I think my last car was a Dodge Avenger (great name!) which was a bit heavy and underpowered, but then it's not meant to be a muscle car really, it just looks like one.

I actually look forward to getting to the rental location and seeing which car I'm going to get.

Basically, life is too short to drive poor cars. I love driving, even when it's an hour commute to work. I will never scrimp on a car - even it means paying horrendous tax and increased insurance. The pleasure I get from it is worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

ION08 wrote: »
    I'm in the U.S at the moment as well.

Im picking up a Mustang on Friday for a roand trip from San Fran to LA and back :D

It really pisses me off seeing the cars people drive over here in comparison with what we drive back home.

Even the "mundane" cars like passats, its nearly always a top spec V6. Golf GTI's and R32's driven by house wives that havent got a clue about cars. Bmw 3 series e90's are all 330i or 335i's driven by normal people. Audi S5's and S4's everywhere.

Back home we're peddled under specced, under powered diesel pauper versions of these cars for twice the price and think that a 320d ES with no air con and wind down windows in the rear is a luxury/premium car that the neighbours would be jealous of and anything above 2.0 litre is space shuttle territory :rolleyes:

We're a nation of ~4million, with a population so insignificant WE should be the ones at an advantage FFS!!

Because we hate ourselves and think we don't deserve nice things, that why everything in Ireland has to be difficult, expensive, frowned upon, discouraged, illegal, etc...
    There is none of that yes we can spirit, we don't encourage anything, the only thing the gubberment here knows is tax hammer and ban hammer.
    And if you had a nice car here, unless you keep it in a heated garage, it will be rusty and overgrown with algae and moss within weeks.
    And that's why we can't have nice things...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"Just t'good ol' boys..." :D

Magnificent. Well bought and well wear. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

jimgoose wrote: »
    "Just t'good ol' boys..." :D

Magnificent. Well bought and well wear. :cool:
    Rented. ;)

Still jealous, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

And if you had a nice car here, unless you keep it in a heated garage, it will be rusty and overgrown with algae and moss within weeks.
    And that's why we can't have nice things...:(

That and some toerag will try and nick it as we're seeing increasingly on this forum in the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Anan1 wrote: »
    Rented. ;)

Still jealous, though!

Oh. Well, well-rented then! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

ION08 wrote: »
    Agree totally. Was working in California three years ago and the smallest car I found was a 3.7l v6. That was in California, the hippy state. There was one guy who commuted daily in an 7 litre utility vehicle so high, I couldn't see over the bonnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Drove a Challenger from San Diego to Las Vegas last year. I quite liked it. :D

Not quite the same getting home and hopping into a 1.6l. :p

It was one of four cars I drove over the course of two weeks.

Smallest engine being 3.5l, I think. But that was only for about 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Anan1 wrote: »
    Better call Saul!

Don't do it! its not even in production..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

OSI wrote: »
    I had a Camaro SS for 2 weeks in Florida last year. Was 400bhp I think. Like the challenger it had a claimed 0-60 of 4 secs. Though it felt quick, it never felt 4 seconds to 60 quick. Oh, and as cheap as petrol is in the states, it stills get very boring seeing 15mpg very quickly.

You were clearly doing it very very wrong, in a car that drinks petrol knock off everything that tells your mpg sit back drive and enjoy ;).

Advertisement