Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Strava

Options
  • 30-01-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

Need a bit of help here.

I have no problems uploading my activities to Strava ( from a Garmin 500,if that make any difference) but when I then go to view them I seem to lose the analysis of the first 1 or 2km of the ride because the cursor "disappears" on the left of the ride/screen as I scroll back to the beginning of the ride. The cursor reads/plots all the data and the little "ball" runs around the course grand but as I say, if I scroll back to the beginning of the ride, I lose the first bit of it.

Suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Does it really matter?

Mind you, it tells me that my hour long turbo session was only 50 mins so I called them cvnts. Note to self: get some perspective.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you set a privacy zone within Strava?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Vizzy wrote: »
    ..... but as I say, if I scroll back to the beginning of the ride, I lose the first bit of it.

Suggestions ?
    Just tried it on a 80k ride today and I get info from .16km onwards (i.e. 160 metres into the ride).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you set a privacy zone within Strava?

Not sure but I don't think so because it will go right back to the house at the end of the ride.
    The only way I can describe it is the the cursor arrow sits off to the left of the line that follows the activity.

I uploaded one of my rides but I'm not sure if it will show for you.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/104939201

• Advertisement

....I uploaded one of my rides but I'm not sure if it will show for you.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/104939201
    It goes back to 30 metres into your ride for me! :confused:

It goes back to 30 metres into your ride for me! :confused:

It must be some sort of glitch with the cursor so.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

It must be some sort of glitch with the cursor so.

Thanks guys.

Update your web-browser.

Get the latest version of Google Chrome and try that. It's likely a browser issue. This is something I deal with all the time. And by 'deal with', I mean refuse to support older browsers.

quozl wrote: »
    Update your web-browser.

Get the latest version of Google Chrome and try that. It's likely a browser issue. This is something I deal with all the time. And by 'deal with', I mean refuse to support older browsers.

Thanks quozl , that fixed it.

Computer doesn't like Google Chrome so I went with Firefox instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Strava problem,
    Cant look at my feed anymore.......
    Updated my iphone recently and the Strava icon has changed and the feed for rides has disappeared???
    Any help thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

Raam wrote: »
    Mind you, it tells me that my hour long turbo session was only 50 mins so I called them cvnts. Note to self: get some perspective.

How many kilometres did you do?

buffalo wrote: »
    How many kilometres did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Strava problem,
    Updated my iphone recently and the Strava icon has changed and the feed for rides has disappeared???
    Any help thanks...
    Same here. Tried deleting and reinstalling app: no joy. Maybe it's coz I have a 4s? I use a garmin unless I'm on single speed anyway but still it's annoying ESP if you're a premium subscriber

slap/dash wrote: »
    ... I use a garmin unless I'm on single speed....
    Why no Garmin on the single speed? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Why no Garmin on the single speed? :confused:

Tbh I ride a lot of short stops in Dublin city n northside and when I used use the device I was always in fear of leavin it on when I'd locked up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

slap/dash wrote: »
    Same here. Tried deleting and reinstalling app: no joy. Maybe it's coz I have a 4s? I use a garmin unless I'm on single speed anyway but still it's annoying ESP if you're a premium subscriber

Have logged onto my Strava run and have the feed back as it was its already asking me to update it but have resisted for now. Not sure if it will allow you download an old version now but worth a try....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Have logged onto my Strava run and have the feed back as it was its already asking me to update it but have resisted for now. Not sure if it will allow you download an old version now but worth a try....

If you haven't synced with iTunes the "old" version will be in the MyMusic> iTunes>iTunes Media>Mobile Applications folder. If you have synced then the old version will be in the recycle bin, I'm assuming a windows based pc.

Then.. http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971543

I take no responsibility for bricking any phones. Never downgraded an app before. Might do Strava as I don't like the new "feed"

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Salmonman

Strava problem,
    Any help thanks...

I had same problem.If your clock is set on 12hr change it to 24hr
    Worked for me

Advertisement