Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

application for carlow IT

Options
  • 29-01-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Was thinking about applying for Carlow IT

any advice on what the college is like ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

What course ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

The course you want to do could slightly change the view of your experience in Carlow, but don't let that put you off. Some courses will have a higher workload and attending hours per week, so you'll have slightly less time to chill out/have the craic etc.

Life in Carlow itself seems slow paced, nice and what I'd expect from a town. The college is similar at times, and can seem busy at times too. Not a huge campus by any means but has lots of facilities and has what you need. It can seem small, but that's because you'll notice plenty of the same faces around the same spots. Depending on your needs, facilities will differ. Plenty of clubs and societies to join and take part in, some events held through the year excluding RAG week (which can be hit & miss for some, great for most) lecture rooms/halls are warm, clean and generally quite nice. The library is a good size, plenty of material to use and lots of computers (exam time can be tougher to get one, as you'd expect).

One of the best aspects is that you'll most likely get to know plenty of people, make some genuine friends and have a brilliant college experience. Personally, I honestly don't think I'd have had a better time in another college.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This person is spamming all Edu forums, sorry your time was wasted guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement