Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new laptop

Options
  • 29-01-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭

folks i need a new lappy, my problem is i can only manage 300 lids, i cannot find any one for that money online, any leads welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Oxfam do reconditioned laptops that are very reasonable, the last time I looked, their 'top of the range' one was €290 and they come with a warranty. Keep thinking of getting one myself as they look great value. Here's the link -
    http://www.oxfamireland.org/computers/refurbished
    Hope you get sorted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Midnight Shadow

I have had many laptops..dell, packard bell, sony...the best i ever had was from Aldi (i assume the same specs appear in Lidl) ...however you have to wait until they come on sale again...it had great spec and all the bells and whistles and 3 yrs warranty....great price for what you are getting..the specs are very high...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

flutered wrote: »
    folks i need a new lappy, my problem is i can only manage 300 lids, i cannot find any one for that money online, any leads welcome.

What do you want to do with it? Are we talking browsing facebook, or something more intensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭flutered

browsing downloading xbmc, thats about it, i am hoping that i will be fixed up by tuesday, doing a deal it may or may not come off.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Do you have an existing laptop that you could update? Add some memory, maybe install a linux operating system rather than windows. Just a thought.

I don't think you can get a new laptop for 300 that you won't be throwing through a window shortly after buying it. Then you'll need another laptop. And a window.

Maybe second hand?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

329 for new Dell, taxes and shipping included:
    http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-3537/pd

thanks folks, i got a 2nd hand acer 5740 with a 500 gig hd from crs outside cahercolish, my thanks to all who when to the trouble of helping, as my lappy is my social life, as i dont/cant go out. all the best and thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Crs? Wheres that looks as if im gonna need one soon my Toshiba satellite is ready to pack in

keep going south past chaerconlish, about two miles you will see the sigh on your left, they also have another sign which says irish forestery, i you get to caherline cross where the abandoned filling station is, you have gone too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have they a good selection? What kind of prices

• Advertisement

h pricnd aavent a clue, i asked him about a 2nd hand lappy, he quoted me the acer at a price which went nowhere near my budget limit, why not ask them on the fone, google is your friend.

Advertisement