Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot to pay the rent ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

4k images of it. Worthy of wallpapers.

http://imgur.com/a/10lG2#0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Seventy Titans dead!!! Holy crap. That is the single largest loss of ISK in Eve history. It's impossible to overstate.

Not the first time that someone forgetting to pay a bill triggered a massive war. Goons forgot to pay a bill and had to abandon their entire holdings in Delve in 2012.

The meta-political gameplay in the only good thing about Eve. And its awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The whole political/economy side to eve is awesome to read about. Never liked the actual game tho.

Zillah wrote: »
    Seventy Titans dead!!! Holy crap. That is the single largest loss of ISK in Eve history. It's impossible to overstate.

Not the first time that someone forgetting to pay a bill triggered a massive war. Goons forgot to pay a bill and had to abandon their entire holdings in Delve in 2012.

The meta-political gameplay in the only good thing about Eve. And its awesome.

Not the only good thing.... All EVE is just pure Awesome, but it is for specific player taste.

I played it for a long time. I went back recently and gave up. It still has the fundamental flaws of all MMO's. Too much time for too little actual content.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

wasn't aware of EVE until this week (console gamer) but this is an interesting podcast about a prominent EVE player who was one of the US citizens killed in Benghazi in 2010

R.I.P. vileRat

http://www.onthemedia.org/story/11-rip-vile-rat/?utm_source=local&utm_media=treatment&utm_campaign=daMost&utm_content=damostviewed

Zillah wrote: »
    I played it for a long time. I went back recently and gave up. It still has the fundamental flaws of all MMO's. Too much time for too little actual content.

Like any game, it has Flaws. It is not a game with only one good thing about it - Politics. Just because you burned out of it, does not mean its bad game ;) ( saying that it has only one good quality makes it sound like a bad game )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

According to NeoGAF the final tally was 92 titans destroyed.

Well that'll bump the price of tritanium.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

EvE is like American football - much better in highlights.

• Advertisement

lol, too big to imbed.

http://i.imgur.com/k8sG4RM.png

I love everything about Eve Online except the gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Jaysus its nearly 9 years since i started playing. Quit a few years ago or id be still unemployed,

oh wait.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=21603305

this makes me wanna go back but thats a terrible, terrible idea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

4k images of it. Worthy of wallpapers.

http://imgur.com/a/10lG2#0

Those pictures are stunning. I've never played Eve, and I'm not a MMO kinda guy, but I reckon I'd happily watch that battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

deathrider wrote: »
    Those pictures are stunning. I've never played Eve, and I'm not a MMO kinda guy, but I reckon I'd happily watch that battle.

It probably lasted about 12 hours or more, honestly. When you get a huge number of ships in one spot, the game slows down to about a tenth of its usual speed in order to allow the servers to cope. It would have been incredibly uninteresting to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

There are videos on Youtube now.....so what happens now?....the two biggest factions blew each other to bits!.....will the smaller clans now pick them off?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

jenjenten wrote: »
    There are videos on Youtube now.....so what happens now?....the two biggest factions blew each other to bits!.....will the smaller clans now pick them off?
    They will have plenty of stock stored ready to be pulled; the question is the war of attrition and which side can get capitals back the longest.

Advertisement