Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I improve YouTube playback on Android GoClever tablet?

Options
  • 29-01-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

One of the family has a 7 inch GoClever Orion tablet that was a Christmas present. Playback of YouTube is terrible: buffering all the time, often taking minutes to get past a few seconds of pre-roll ads.

I don't think it's the house wifi (even though our internet speed is far from wonderful), as other devices don't have this problem: laptop, phones, even a fairly similar speced Asus 7 inch tab.

At least according to its specs, this tablet should be up to the job, e.g. quad core CPU and 8-core GPU.

It works equally badly via the YouTube app or browser.

Any ideas what's wrong? Anybody else have similar experience of this tablet, and find it works OK or not for YouTube?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

Buffer wrote: »
    One of the family has a 7 inch GoClever Orion tablet that was a Christmas present. Playback of YouTube is terrible: buffering all the time, often taking minutes to get past a few seconds of pre-roll ads.

I don't think it's the house wifi (even though our internet speed is far from wonderful), as other devices don't have this problem: laptop, phones, even a fairly similar speced Asus 7 inch tab.

At least according to its specs, this tablet should be up to the job, e.g. quad core CPU and 8-core GPU.

It works equally badly via the YouTube app or browser.

Any ideas what's wrong? Anybody else have similar experience of this tablet, and find it works OK or not for YouTube?

Poor WiFi? Run a speed test from the tablet & see what you get. Chances are the antenna is poorly placed within the tablet & it's limiting your signal.

Advertisement