Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung to open up retail units in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

THEY already have a large market share in ireland ,
    maybe they are trying to copy apple ,
    have store s in certain high traffic locations .
    EG have stores where , you can buy tvs,phones ,tablets,
    acessorys all from samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

I think I seen that one of these stores has already opened in dundrum shopping center. Has anyone any idea if there is one planned for the city center?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Good news ! I love samsung hardware :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

tallus wrote: »
    Good news ! I love samsung hardware :-)

So do I but is this good news for us? I'm not so sure.

Imagine if Samsung set up a dedicated shop selling their TVs. The immediate effect would probably be that DID, Power City and Currys would stop selling Samsung TVs in which case there would only be one major bricks and mortar retailer flogging Samsung TVs - themselves.

Samsung already have a huge slice of the Android handset market. By setting up dedicated shops they would risk alienating existing shops operated by Vodafone, O2, 3, Meteor etc. who already push Samsung phones and who might therefore be tempted to push other brands if the Samsung shop around the corner is where you and I go to.

Single brand electrical stores are a bad idea. Most if not all of the Irish Sony stores are now closed.

Advertisement