Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I Need to Register

Options
  • 29-01-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I've just been granted JSA and was told about the rules for older people,
    You will no longer be required to engage with the activation process and you will not be subject to penalty rates for non-engagement

On the form for JSA, it says you should register with Fás within 30 days.

My local Fás office has now moved to DSP office. I presume that is the Intereo thing.

Do I need to register with Intereo, or is this Registration process now obsolete.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

It would do no harm to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

There is no need to register with FAS now known as Solas. Once you are on the live register for 3 months then you are automatically registered for the activation process.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

If you are over 62 you do not need to register with Employment services. You are only required to sign once a year (Jan 2015 is next signing) and you also have the option to be paid into the bank.
    You are exempt from the activation process, you will not be required to attend group engagements. You may attend these voluntarily if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    If you are over 62 you do not need to register with Employment services. You are only required to sign once a year (Jan 2015 is next signing) and you also have the option to be paid into the bank.
    You are exempt from the activation process, you will not be required to attend group engagements. You may attend these voluntarily if you wish.

Must be a new thing - someone I know who was 64 was referred last year to group engagement

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

It is new from 1st January this year. All those who fall into this category were sent letters explaining this and the new process. They were also asked to supply bank details if they wished to be paid into the bank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement