Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athenaeum House Hotel, any views?

Options
  • 29-01-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I'm looking at a few places locally for a christening party. Has anyone been to the Athenaeum recently? What was it like?
    I'm interested in what the food is like these days as it's a few years since I was last there.
    Any input would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Had a christening there in November and it was ideal. Food was lovely as was the service. Ideal venue for something like a christening I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ironwalk

OP, I've been in there a few times in the last 6 months mainly as a spot for quick business chat over coffee.
    Lovely venue. Good service. Nice warm fire on a very wet morning recently.
    Food was good, as was the coffee.
    Cant comment on the dining room as I wasnt in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

The only downside I have is the bar is tiny

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

I think its fine for a christening,food was good when i was there but would not recommend it for a wedding,as the band play in a room off the dining/conservatory area so you can hear the music but no interaction between band and wedding party found it very strange.

Advertisement