Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bill plan

Options
  • 29-01-2014 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

I'm out of contract with meteor soon and thinking about changing network what the best deal I'm a major Internet user and nearly all my texts are through viber and only a small amount of calls I don't want a 24month Contract I find 18month bad enough I change phones every year I'm a big in technology and always buy the latest phones either through upgrades or paying full payg price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Craigels wrote: »
    I'm out of contract with meteor soon and thinking about changing network what the best deal I'm a major Internet user and nearly all my texts are through viber and only a small amount of calls I don't want a 24month Contract I find 18month bad enough I change phones every year I'm a big in technology and always buy the latest phones either through upgrades or paying full payg price

Top up €20 on 3. I'll let you google it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Exactly, as TheTechGuy says, 3Pay.

€20
    Unlimited SMS
    Unlimited 4G data
    No bills
    Boom.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

but didnt he say bill pay?

I'm in the same boat. but want to pay DD. I dont want to have to top up every month manually or have the hassle of running out of credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'm in the same boat. but want to pay DD. I dont want to have to top up every month manually or have the hassle of running out of credit.

Then go with the 3 sim only plan for €20.33pm

Nope. He clearly doesn't like contracts.

He is not tied in to one, so, as he says, he can buy the phones outright, as most tech fans will do.

Also, you should really sign up for the prepay plan also. Add your card and set up a recurring topup. You'll never have to go to a shop, and it's automatically debited from your card. Or, just buy a few months in bulk. They will get queued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 hettyhoop

3 is best value alright, but I was with them a few years ago the coverage was a bit "hit and miss" has it improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Make sure you check coverage in your area....

I have just moved from Three (signal issues in Dublin 1 area)

Went with 48, 20 euro for unlimited talk, text and 5gb data plus 60 miinutes landline calls.

No contract, just need to top up your membership each month.
    I have to say its very good, good speeds and doesnt drop at all.

Also porting number over was no hassle at all, all done online.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,730 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Same thing here..

With eMobile at the moment but the contract runs out next month and their upgrades are FAR from competitive

At the minute I pay €35 for everything - free calls, texts and 15GB data - so I'd be looking for something similar and preferably a new handset as I'm kinda bored of my current one :)

Don't like PAYG either and would like 4G if reasonable/free. 3 would worry me from the customer care angle.

Any thoughts outside the above?

Customer Care is a bit rough, at times, but if you stick to the script, or use Boards as your main contact, you'll be flying.
    You can also expect the CC to improve as the takeover completes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Was thinking going with emobile myself never had a direct debit account for phones. There good offer online 32 a month unlimited calls, texts, landlines calls and 15gb its sim only i think not tied down but same time think a contract be good to get a phone each year? At moment i am pre pay with o2 top up 30 euro and it takes all 30 euro credit one go and gives you unlimited calls all network and unlimited texts all network and landline calls plus 1gb internet its brill pre pay plan but the net is annoying me does not be long going that why looking for something unlimited calls and texts and net?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Customer Care is a bit rough, at times, but if you stick to the script, or use Boards as your main contact, you'll be flying.
    You can also expect the CC to improve as the takeover completes.

Thats a big leap of faith. I'd imagine they will drag O2's level of support down to their own.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Was thinking going with emobile myself never had a direct debit account for phones. There good offer online 32 a month unlimited calls, texts, landlines calls and 15gb its sim only i think not tied down but same time think a contract be good to get a phone each year? At moment i am pre pay with o2 top up 30 euro and it takes all 30 euro credit one go and gives you unlimited calls all network and unlimited texts all network and landline calls plus 1gb internet its brill pre pay plan but the net is annoying me does not be long going that why looking for something unlimited calls and texts and net?

There's very few contracts which will give you a decent new phone every year. Most now seem to be operating at 18 or 24 month contracts, and you'll only get an upgrade a month or two early. Certainly eMobile won't upgrade until the day your contract is up. Even then, like 3, their upgrade offers are rubbish.

whiterebel wrote: »
    There's very few contracts which will give you a decent new hone every year. Most now seem to be operating at 18 or 24 month contracts, and you'll only get an upgrade a month or two early. Certainly eMobile won't upgrade until the day your contract is up. Even then, like 3, their upgrade offers are rubbish.

So you think i am not missing out on anything amazing so with bill phones? Alot my friends make it out to be best thing ever and i bit jelouse cant afford it at moment since student. Some people say they overcharge them alot more than should thought this was not alloweed.

So you think i am not missing out on anything amazing so with bill phones? Alot my friends make it out to be best thing ever and i bit jelouse cant afford it at moment since student. Some people say they overcharge them alot more than should thought this was not alloweed.

If you can't afford it, the last thing you need to do is sign up to 18/24 month contracts. Stick will Prepay. Some people seem to think its a matter of saying they can't pay and just walk away from contracts..........

If you can't afford it, the last thing you need to do is sign up to 18/24 month contracts. Stick will Prepay. Some people seem to think its a matter of saying they can't pay and just walk away from contracts..........

Ye your right i stick with prepay nothing wrong with that on safe side as well :) Do think most people do that what happen's then does someone try track them down or go court if dont pay a contract?

Thats a big leap of faith. I'd imagine they will drag O2's level of support down to their own.
    I disagree with you there. I would imagine that the powers that be will make them get their act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I disagree with you there. I would imagine that the powers that be will make them get their act together.
    They haven't thus far - and they're the very company who hold the National Broadband Scheme contract in this country which is part funded by the Government and EU.

Three aren't in the business of running a mobile service per se - they're in the business of selling mobile subscriptions. Absolutely everything bar sales is entirely outsourced to HWL group companies or third parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,987 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Tesco have a sim only 12 month contract

300 mins / 300 txts / 1GB data for €10 per month. That's pretty good going, I don't think there's a cheaper offer with 1GB data around?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Vodafone offer an upgrade every year option on contract

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

ask meteor to unlock your phone

48.ie has good plan

Pre Pay

Ring Meteor on 1800 303 594 to get your unlock code, or dial 1747 on your prepay phone.

Bill Pay

Call Meteor on 1905 from your mobile.

Forum

Meteor also appear to accept requests through their forum. Just make sure to PM your details to keep them private.

You will need the following information

When you call Meteor – you’ll need the following details:
    •Name
    •Meteor Mobile phone number
    •Make and Model of phone
    •IMEI (simply type *#06# into your phone and hit call to find out your IMEI)
    •Your PIN number

Meteor’s rules

You can check out their rules here.

If you’re on pre pay, then Meteor say you need to have bought your phone more than 14 days ago, it must be registered to your account at My Meteor, and you must have used at least €130 worth of credit. (You may have registered your phone when you got it to get your free webtext & to top up online)

Bill Pay

For bill pay phones you’ll need to have completed your contract and your account can’t be in debt or suspended by them.

Also, if you’ve upgraded with Meteor then they will give you the unlock code for the original phone free of charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement