Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source Engine 2 Leaked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DeLaTroY

Hawke wrote: »

.______.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

The whole article is that NeoGAF/CBOAT/The Flying Spaghetti Monster/whoever has an agenda against MS, but considering it has the word "fraud" in the title I would say it's not exactly impartial itself. I don't see how anything there has anything to do with whether Source 2 is real or not. It was clear enough the CBOAT account and style of posting was in order for the person behind the account to not be identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

The person running that is either an actual psychopath or the most dedicated troll in the world

Source 2 and L4D3 were confirmed ages though through the group list leak so it's definitely well within the realm of possibility. I'm thinking L4D3 on source 2 will come this year at least.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

DeLaTroY wrote: »
    Source 2 and L4D3 were confirmed ages though through the group list leak so it's definitely well within the realm of possibility. I'm thinking L4D3 on source 2 will come this year at least.

I still think Half Life 3 will be used to launch the Source 2 Engine, it has had a bigger development team than L4D3's for some time now apparently so it would make sense. All the same it has been a while since there have been any leaks about the internal staffing arrangements at Valve.

There are Half Life 3 & Left 4 Dead 3 references littered throughout the Source 2 Engine files, so could be either or.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Could release both at the same time !!!

Tbh tho, wouldn't be surprised if both came out within a 6 month window of each other. They kicked off the source engine with CS:S and then released HL2 a couple of months later !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Magill wrote: »
    Could release both at the same time !!!

Tbh tho, wouldn't be surprised if both came out within a 6 month window of each other. They kicked off the source engine with CS:S and then released HL2 a couple of months later !

Very true actually, and the CS:S launch allowed them time to iron out any issues with the engine before the release of HL2.

Very true actually, and the CS:S launch allowed them time to iron out any issues with the engine before the release of HL2.

I doubt a new CS is coming given they just released GO. TF2 is still in development with the items, market and what not so TF3 doesn't make sense.

L4D3 is long overdue and given that it's a comparatively simple game, it makes sense to me if it's for nothing other than to get source 2 out the door so they can get it more stable.

Going with HL3 and Source 2 from day one is a big risk. Imagine there's some driver issue or FPS bug in source 2 - it would hurt HL3 a lot. I can't see them risking HL3 like that.

Also I find it hard for to imagine any HL3 will be received well - victim of their own success, etc. Hype has been building for years and expectations are so high that it seems insurmountable unless they really up the ante with something completely fresh like Valve VR / Rift?

Anwyay, I'm super excited for Source 2 and I'm guessing it'll be a 2014 release!!

Advertisement