Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers benefit/ allowance

Options
  • 28-01-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I'm in a s***t job and am contemplating leaving. My mother is in poor health and living in a house in a retirement village adjacent to a nursing home. I'm wondering can I claim carers benefit or allowance given that she's living on the campus of a nursing home but not technically receiving care there????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I'm in a s***t job and am contemplating leaving. My mother is in poor health and living in a house in a retirement village adjacent to a nursing home. I'm wondering can I claim carers benefit or allowance given that she's living on the campus of a nursing home but not technically receiving care there????

Your mother needs to be in need of and receiving full time care and attention from you in order for you to get carers.
    When you state on the form that she is living in a retirement village she will more than likely receive a visit from a DSP Inspector in order to ascertain the lie of the land concerning who does what for whom.

Advertisement