Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMT/Paramedic Tips & Tricks

Options
  • 28-01-2014 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm looking for genuine tips and tricks of the trade ie Improvisation ideas for extrication, splinting, boarding etc... Anything that you've picked up along the way that they wouldn't necessarily teach you as a skill but is genius and we should all be doing it.
    Any nifty ways of using a sphyg & BP cuff, wound management.....anything really! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

This kinda stuff is picked up as you go along on the road....are you in HSE/DFB?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Turn your sphygmomanometer upside down. Stops the tubes rubbing on the steth when taking a BP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 McGc

antichrist wrote: »
    This kinda stuff is picked up as you go along on the road....are you in HSE/DFB?

I'm in the privates! I'm only asking to maybe get someone to share they're experiences and maybe pick up a few things
    W

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Join a voulantary unit . They have years of experance with their older members and can show you a few things . Dont get caught up on "rank or level " some of the billy basics have years on ya and come from a time when you where lucky to have triangular bandages never mind and ambo or equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

Join a voulantary unit . They have years of experance with their older members and can show you a few things . Dont get caught up on "rank or level " some of the billy basics have years on ya and come from a time when you where lucky to have triangular bandages never mind and ambo or equipment

i never realized the range of uses for a triangular bandage until i joined the order of Malta.

• Advertisement
Advertisement