Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tablet any good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

Lol at the slow rotating video! Anyway, the screen resolution jumps out at me straight away. 800 x 480 is far too low for a 9in tab. The processor is also very weak, though the tiny resolution it needs to contend with will help somewhat. On the plus side 1gb ram is good for an entry level tablet.

Whether it will suit your needs is up to you. It'll be fine for browsing, shopping etc. Watching videos, YouTube, Netflix not so much. Reading is definitely out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Simi wrote: »
    Lol at the slow rotating video! Anyway, the screen resolution jumps out at me straight away. 800 x 480 is far too low for a 9in tab. The processor is also very weak, though the tiny resolution it needs to contend with will help somewhat. On the plus side 1gb ram is good for an entry level tablet.

Whether it will suit your needs is up to you. It'll be fine for browsing, shopping etc. Watching videos, YouTube, Netflix not so much. Reading is definitely out!

I probably wont bother using netflix as the laptop and playstations are enough. How come reading would be out? Would watching movies on the vlc player app be fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

That resolution would be too low for a 7in tab, let alone a 9in tab. It would be far too pixelated for reading small text & it's far from ideal for watching videos. I can't say for sure whether it'd work for vlc without seeing what chipset it uses, but it probably will. My advice would be to keep looking for a better tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Yeah, just buy this one instead. You will thank me in the end

http://www.sony.com.au/productcategory/xperia-tablet

Advertisement