Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMART PHONE FOR SAUSAGE FINGERS

Options
  • 28-01-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

HI, My dad would love a smart phone but he has sausage fingers.He has an iphone but its broken.Ill try and get it sorted but just looking for other ideas as to whats available?Thanks,cathy

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you have a network preference?

Budget?

If you could look at the sticky for phone recommendations and post the info here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

You should bring your dad into a phone shop that has smartphones on display so he can try typing on the various sized screens, and navigate the menus.

Meteor/emobile are the only in Cork i can think of that has more than 10 of its smartphones on display, o2 has about 3 in comparison.
    The Carphone Warehouse only has the fake phones on display.

You should try something like a 4.5 inch screen first, it will be a big improvement over the iphone.
    The moto g is a good budget phone with this size screen.

If he needs something larger he could try the Samsung Galaxy Note, or "phablets" but these can be quite expensive.

Also, holding the phone in portrait orientation will show bigger buttons when typing, i.e. holding the phone horizontally like this:

CBN30.jellykeyboard.screen-580-100.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

waveform wrote: »
    You should bring your dad into a phone shop that has smartphones on display so he can try typing on the various sized screens, and navigate the menus.

Meteor/emobile are the only in Cork i can think of that has more than 10 of its smartphones on display, o2 has about 3 in comparison.
    The Carphone Warehouse only has the fake phones on display.

You should try something like a 4.5 inch screen first, it will be a big improvement over the iphone.
    The moto g is a good budget phone with this size screen.

If he needs something larger he could try the Samsung Galaxy Note, or "phablets" but these can be quite expensive.

Also, holding the phone in portrait orientation will show bigger buttons when typing, i.e. holding the phone horizontally like this:

CBN30.jellykeyboard.screen-580-100.jpg

Budget wouldn't be big hes with Vodafone .god love him i just wiped everything off my sons one for him to borrow.ill get him sorted . Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

cathy01 wrote: »
    Budget wouldn't be big hes with Vodafone .god love him i just wiped everything off my sons one for him to borrow.ill get him sorted . Thanks for the help.

Did he find the size of the iphones screen big enough?
    Its 4 inches exactly.

I would recommend an android phone as he's used to the iphone,
    Its the most similar system, a windows phone would be too much of a change, and you're more limited to a small number of models.

Advertisement