Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA Didnt get payed today as was promised

Options
  • 28-01-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

TLDR; scroll to the bottom for the question and skip the back story.

Hi firstly i apologize if this has been asked i did a quick browse through the threads and didn't see anything relating to my issue. So my problem is i am originally from bray and that is still my permanent address, i am currently living in letterkenny and attending LYIT. My registration for my course was yesterday so i have only just sent in my proof of registration and had previously handed in my BTEA application in december.

Two weeks ago i dropped into the bray office just to check on my application and to make sure they where aware i would be moving to letterkenny and would need my JSA to switch over to bank deposit instead of post office. Needless to say they hadn't even looked at my BTEA application and it was literally left on a desk {the woman who handles them told me as much}. Upon realizing the issue the woman {who will remain unamed} kindly and very apologetically told me she would personally sort out my issue and transfer me over to bank payments.

The first payment should have arrived today and would you believe it . . ITS NOT THERE! so i am now left with €8.00 in my bank account after paying rental deposit and 1 months rent, and was told by aforementioned woman that i would NOT receive any payment until next week as she failed to change over my payment and it is sitting in a post office in bray {lucky me!}

So to my drawn out question, does anyone know from reading or personal experience is there a number i can ring and get an emergency payment into my account or is that even possible? As i am literally unable to buy food for the week. Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Go and see the CWO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Sorry I having got the hang of copy and paste on this tablet yet, but I see the CWO sits in letterkenny on Thursday from 10 to12 in something called the Public Service Centre. There's afone number but you'll have to look it up yourself.
    In the meantime if there's definitely no one to sub you, you should go to the Catholic. Presbytery and ask them for the fone number of the local St Vincent de Paul. They will definitely at least give you a grocery voucher to see you over to Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 icetronix

Thanks for that i didn't even think of CWO today when i was frantically trying to find someone to help me. Hopefully i can get something sorted. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Bank payments are made on a Thursday not a Tuesday. Your money should be in then. CWO most likely won't pay if they see the pending payment.

Advertisement