Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA F6 at Griffith College

Options
  • 28-01-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I'm thinking of doing the ACCA F6 exam i know Julie Hawkins has a really good reputation but i don't seem to be able to find out anything on Dermot Madden in Griffith College.

Has anyone had him as a lecturer?, what's he like?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

I don't rate Dermot Madden, however I never had him as a lecturer I'm just going on student feedback. Julie all the way 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

i had Martin (daly?) for F6 in Griffith and thought he was very good. He got me a pass and thats saying something

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dmcnabb21

has anyone had Dermott Madden as a Lecturer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lina c

dmcnabb21 wrote: »
    has anyone had Dermott Madden as a Lecturer?
    Hi, I had Dermot Madden as my F6 lecturer in Griffith College and could recommend him 100% !!!
    Not only he provided us with his own summarised matterial, that made the subject so easy to understand, also his funny examples and methods of teaching made those 3 hours fly by!!! Spoke to many students who did F6 with Dermot and they all agree with me - brilliant lecturer!!!
    I've passed the exam and definitely doing advanced tax!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AZ7

‘Immy’ how can u rate a person if you never had lectures with him???????????????????????????
    That doesn't really make sense, does it?

Dermot Madden is very good lecturer! I passed Tax with him 93% plus he has great sense of humour which makes the lectures even more attractive! He also has a lot of work experience and would show you interesting life examples! Definite recommendation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DOROTAGONZALEZ

I've had Dermot as a lecturer on management accounting and tax and I can say without any doubts that he is the best lecturer ever. His knowledge is amazing, lectures with Dermot are so easy to understand - "GRANNY CAN DO IT", his lectures are very interesting and on top of it he is really funny which makes lectures even better. Apart of this he is really helpful you can approach him anytime with any questions and he will help. I can recommend Dermot as a lecturer 1MM%

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Nice to see you posting on boards Dermot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

As the tuition for the December 14 ACCA exams starts next week I have a question. Griffith college are charging €750 for F4-F9 part time courses at the main campus, while their 'City Centre' (ie Tara St.) location are charging €500 for same.

Is there any particular reason for the difference?

Currently, I want to take F6 and F7 for the exams in Dec; with regard to F6 Dermot Madden seems to have good feedback, however the F6 lecturer for Tara St. is listed as Edel Walsh but I haven't found any feedback on the web about her, so I suspect she's fairly new arrival? I'm just wondering if spending the extra €250 to take F6 with Dermot Madden would be the wiser choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gabbi

lina c wrote: »
    Hi, I had Dermot Madden as my F6 lecturer in Griffith College and could recommend him 100% !!!
    Not only he provided us with his own summarised matterial, that made the subject so easy to understand, also his funny examples and methods of teaching made those 3 hours fly by!!! Spoke to many students who did F6 with Dermot and they all agree with me - brilliant lecturer!!!
    I've passed the exam and definitely doing advanced tax!!!

Hi

I am looking for a lecturer for F6 sitting in December and I was thinking of Dermot Madden. Could you please advice if his lectures are exam focus? Does he give extra "homework" to do at home.
    Appreciate your help

Thanks

Gabbi

Advertisement