Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Item missing from Amazon package, who to contact?

Options
  • 28-01-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

I received a package from Amazon in the post this morning that was supposed to contain 3 CDs and a Blu-ray. It arrived in a plastic bag which was apparently put over the usual Amazon cardboard packaging by the Royal Mail. There was a lengthy blurb on the bag apologising for the condition of the package and if I wanted to raise any complaints about lost or damaged items, here was a link, etc. (I didn't have time to read it through properly as I was leaving for work). When I opened the package, the blu-ray was missing (the CDs were a bit knocked about, but they seemed OK from the quick glance I took).

So I'm wondering whether I should contact Amazon or the Royal Mail regard the missing blu-ray. The fact that the RM have acknowledged there was a problem with the package makes me think I should be talking to them, but I'm wondering how likely I am to get any satisfaction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Get on to Amazon. They are the people who have the contract with Royal Mail and they are responsible for delivery to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Cheers, I've contacted Amazon, will wait to see what their response is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Contact Amazon. They will probably send you out a replacement parcel and ask you to send back the items you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I mirror comments above. Contact Amazon. In my experience, they are by far the best online shop I've dealt with. Any problems or issues I've had have been sorted very quickly. You can chat online with an Amazon rep. I've always found that the quickest route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Also check the packing slip to see if they were meant to be delivered all in one go. Amazon sometimes split deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Make sure you photograph it as proof. You can email it to them to show the way it arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭irelandrover

blastman wrote: »
    I received a package from Amazon in the post this morning that was supposed to contain 3 CDs and a Blu-ray. It arrived in a plastic bag which was apparently put over the usual Amazon cardboard packaging by the Royal Mail. There was a lengthy blurb on the bag apologising for the condition of the package and if I wanted to raise any complaints about lost or damaged items, here was a link, etc. (I didn't have time to read it through properly as I was leaving for work). When I opened the package, the blu-ray was missing (the CDs were a bit knocked about, but they seemed OK from the quick glance I took).

So I'm wondering whether I should contact Amazon or the Royal Mail regard the missing blu-ray. The fact that the RM have acknowledged there was a problem with the package makes me think I should be talking to them, but I'm wondering how likely I am to get any satisfaction.

To be honest i would read the information they gave you about what to do if items were missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Amazon sending a replacement, no hassles. Thumbs up for their customer service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

blastman wrote: »
    Amazon sending a replacement, no hassles. Thumbs up for their customer service!

That's typical Amazon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement