Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up work

Options
  • 28-01-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

A family friend wants to give up work as it has become unbearable causing them to lose weight, lose of appetite and not sleeping. They say going to the drs and going off sick not an option as they refuse to have a stress related illness on their medical record (long story). If they give up work they know its 9 wks without money and they'll use that time to find something else but their question is is that 9 weeks backdated or do they lose it completely if they are unable to find work quick enough.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Not backdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭caitrionaanne

They will defo lose it - no way would they backdate it. I had that experience a few years bk where I left work after an incident and after 2 months of them torturing me for proof of this and that, the told me I wouldnt be paid for the 9 weeks. I feel for your friend though cos its not a nice place to be when a job is doing that to you. No job is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

Thanks i thought as much but feel so sorry for them, it's not nice watching someone crumble.

Advertisement