Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X's and O's

Options
  • 28-01-2014 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Apologies if this topic has been covered before but I'm having a hard time finding information about it.

I've started a part time job, my hours vary between 4 to 20 hours per week. I went into the social welfare office enquiring about X's and O's. I don't know the actual name of the scheme is the only thing, it's a yellow form where you shade in the boxes on whichever days you have worked.

Anyways I was wondering if anybody knows how the payment works? When I asked down there they couldn't really give me a straight answer. How much is the starting rate and does it get reduced for every day I have worked? And if so how much does it get reduced by? It hasn't really been explained to me at all. I assume I collect the payment in the Post Office?

They said my payment should be through within the next week but I'm just wondering how much I would be entitled to, doesn't really explain much on the welfare website.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Houdini212

Look under Jobseeker's Allowance and work. It's pretty self explanatory. You will receive a cheque in the post so no need to collect at post office. The calculation is basically deduct 20 for each day u worked from your net wages that week then get 60% of that total and deduct from your normal payment. You cannot work more than three days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

Perfect, thank you:)

Advertisement