Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Rugby World Cup

Options
  • 27-01-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Has the TV Rights to the 2015 Rugby World Cup for Ireland been decided yet?

I know that the UK Rights are held by ITV.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Broadcasting

I'm not sure if the rights have been awarded yet, Setanta had the rights to the 2007 and 2011 World Cups but I haven't been able to find out if they've been awarded the 2015 rights yet.

Ireland's games are A-listed which means that if a pay-TV broadcaster picks up the rights, they must allow a free-to-air broadcaster to cover the matches if they wish. In reality the package sold to the free-to-air broadcaster has also usually included the tournament opener and at least one match from each knockout round including the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 shivesh73

Ireland, Scotland and England viewers will be able to catch live action of all Rugby world Cup 2015 matches on ITV, ITV4 and BBC Radio.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't drag up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement