Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Messages Coming Through Hangouts

Options
  • 27-01-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭

I updated Hangouts recently and was prompted as to whether I wanted messages to be delivered through the app. Without thinking too much about it, I agreed.

Now all of my text messages come through Hangouts. This means that I cant see on my lock screen if I've got new messages. I've tried to change the settings but with no luck.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

You really should have provided more information.

If you are on Kitkat you can change the default SMS app in Settings -> Wireless and Networks (More) -> Default SMS app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Technique wrote: »
    I updated Hangouts recently and was prompted as to whether I wanted messages to be delivered through the app. Without thinking too much about it, I agreed.

Now all of my text messages come through Hangouts. This means that I cant see on my lock screen if I've got new messages. I've tried to change the settings but with no luck.

Can anyone help?

Disable sms in Hangout settings (it's probably best to clear the app defaults and cache), send yourself a text and then set your other sms app to default

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Technique

Kavrocks wrote: »
    You really should have provided more information.

If you are on Kitkat you can change the default SMS app in Settings -> Wireless and Networks (More) -> Default SMS app.

I;m on Android 4.0.3
    Disable sms in Hangout settings (it's probably best to clear the app defaults and cache), send yourself a text and then set your other sms app to default

That seems to have sorted it. I was in settings earlier and couldn't see that option. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Technique wrote: »

Can anyone help?

If you want to stick with SMS going through Hangouts, you can us dashclock widget and the hangouts dashclock extension to see new/unread SMS count on your lock screen.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.dashclock

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.robbers.dashclock.hangouts

Advertisement