Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good quailty white blouse

Options
  • 27-01-2014 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭

Hi All

As the title states, I'm looking for a good quality (read: not see-through) white shirt.

I've tried a few from a multitude of high street shops to no avail.

Do such a thing exist on the high-street or am I better off buying designer (i.e. Equipment)?

If anyone has any recommendations as to where I could get one, I'd really appreciate it. I'm also on the look-out for opaque(!) white t-shirts - so recommendations welcome on that front too. :)

STeapot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Almost impossible to find on high street. Benetton had the only ones I found any good. I've always had to have white shirts altered.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Maybe try a slightly higher end high street shop like Reiss or Ted Baker?

Probably not much use to you but my best white shirt came from UNIQLO. A little dearer than the average shop but it's so crisp, nicely fitted and above all not see through! I don't know if they ship to Ireland, don't think so but maybe worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm not sure but maybe Mango.

There is sn italian brand Nara Camicie which is not the cheapest but great for that kind of stuff. If you're ever on the content they are worth a look.

I think that this website ships to Ireand but I'm not sure I would trust the material is thick enough without seeing it. Also their fit is often more tailored. See through materials are fashionable at the moment.

http://www.naracamicie.com.mt/store/index.php/women-2/shirts?start=18

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

Hi there,
    If you manage to get a blouse/shirt from this crowd... you will never want to wear another brand of work shirt again...

Quality, cut and tailoring is second to none, I've been fortunate in that I picked up 3 in TK maxx last year.. I always have a quick glance...( if I'm in- only takes seconds)
    they are worth every penny

http://www.vanlaack.com/en/Main/SHOP-WOMAN/

they have a sale at the moment so you never know you could be in luck.

c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Girls these are all great suggestions - thank you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement