Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazilian Portugese

Options
  • 27-01-2014 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi

Just looking for some guidance towards a book/cd for a beginner learning Brazilian Portugese

Cant seem to find anything that is recommended greatly online

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Hi DB888,

I'm in a similiar enough situation. I bought Portuguese for Dummies by Karen Keller in Easons for €24. It has a CD included but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. So far its provided me with a basic understanding of the language in a very easy to learn manner.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

Thanks Scrambled Egg,appreciate the help

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niallcon4re

Pimsleur have 3 courses, each with 30 parts (more or less) of 30 minutes of duration designed to be done 1 segment per day.

Little focus on written, more on speaking, listening, LOTS of repeticion. It is all about listening and repeating (no visual aids).

I believe it is expensive if you chose to buy it as opposed to the other ways of gaining access to it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Does anybody know of any good listening resources online for Brazilian Portuguese?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 michelsardou

I found the Conversa Brasileira from University Of Texas very good for Listening/Vocabulary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 duarte.f

if u lads still need a help let me know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rrrachy

i was looking for ages and got a great book... 'falar ler escrever portugues'.. its only in Portuguese (no translation) but its great

• Registered Users Posts: 1 luvlaalot

I know the thread is quiet old and you are not exactly looking for it but I m a Brazilian and I teach Portuguese. So if any f you feel interested we can schedule some private classes.

Advertisement