Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child's choice in seperation.

Options
  • 27-01-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

At what age can a child of a separated couple decide for themselves who to live with. I presumed 18 but have seen an article by an Irish Barrister saying that at 16 a child decide which separated parent to live with. Anyone ever came across this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Plutharc wrote: »
    At what age can a child of a separated couple decide for themselves who to live with. I presumed 18 but have seen an article by an Irish Barrister saying that at 16 a child decide which separated parent to live with. Anyone ever came across this.

Afaik a "child " can leave home at 16 so presumably they can chose which parent they wish to live with at that age too. If you have worries in this regard OP I'm sure some posters here could offer practical advice / experiences .

Advertisement