Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up smoking after 48 years.

Options
  • 27-01-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I did it for 3 months and then started again. I went from 50 a day to 20 or 25 a day. I went gradually from 8mg to 1mg a cigarette. Last time I stopped it was using Zyban, but it did not work the next time I tried. Patches did not work for me though they were perfect for others. The spray did not work at all. I tried the Nicabate minis that you can buy her for $12 a container of 20 in the supermarket. They worked but I still wanted to smoke because I really like it. I had to get really tough with myself and not "Try just one" as I would always give in and start again. I am nearly through day 8 and it is easier than before. I have thought about smokes less today than before and my cough has gone. I am determined to give up for my health and for the money and because I want a job and a future. Soon to bed and then it will be day 9. On and on, I will succeed. Thank you for those who supported me and for Boardsie for contacting me and reminding me. I am only now getting used to posts and threads. Today is a good day.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement