Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safe hair dyes ??

Options
  • 27-01-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

hey guys, iam on my 8th week, and before i found out i was pregnant i went from dark brown to blonde, but its turned to an off greeny dirty colour, and would really like to go back to my original hair colour, has any any-one dyed there hair during pregnancy and if so how far where you gone and which dye is the safest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Up until the 2nd trimester, it is sometimes suggested that you use products without ammonia. They're not as effective, so not sure what kind of results you'll get!

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/949.aspx?CategoryID=54#close

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭karareilly

Thank you very much olaola.. ill wait to iam past the twelve weeks and just leave it in for a few mins... any result be better than this off yellow green colour lol thanks again :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have dyed mine many times during my pregnancies and the only recommendation was not to bleach it.

thanks moonbeam, it be just a brown colour no bleach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I think the only thing you need to stay away from is peroxide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

I'm a hairdresser and I'm over 5months preg and I colour my hair every week! There is peroxide in All permanent hair colours.
    I've never encountered any problems with pregnant women having colour.
    I'd have no problem using bleach on a pregnant woman's hair either.

lovely one sarah, i just plan on using an at home colour :)

Do the skin test just to be sure. On rare occasions your skin can be more sensitive while pregnant. But if you have never had a reaction this would be very unlikely!

thanks :) will do, and quick question seen as your a hairdresser cause i got a full head of highlights and i be dying over it will it go an oange colour...

that was meant to be orange

• Advertisement

No reason why it would go orange.. It might go a little "ashy" or green as it hasn't been precoloured first. But it's hard to tell without seeing it!

thanks sarah, see got the highlights done in the town i live in navan which cost 14o which i thaught was a joke went back to see about dying my hair and she didnt recommend me doing it at home but think she was just saying tat so i do it there... well it couldnt turn out much worse than it is at the mo

Advertisement