Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D: Drive almost full, only contains BOOTSECT.BAK

Options
  • 27-01-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I recently had some laptop issues, where my windows vista had to be reinstalled. Previously, both my C and D drives were nearly full with all sorts of stuff. When my laptop was returned, the C drive content had been restored and was nearly full once more. The D Drive however, whilst having only 4.95 GB free from 92 GB (acccording to "My Computer"), only appears to contain an 8 KB BAK file called BOOTSECT.BAK.

It is a Fujitsu Siemens laptop, about 6 or 7 years old.

Can anybody tell me how to free up the space or should I just carry on using just the one drive?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Check your folder view settings, you are probably hiding system/hidden files. If you're sure you have nothing to be kept on D:, format it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Magoo462

Yeah, that done the trick. Thanks!

Advertisement