Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tower Hotel Parking for wedding

Options
  • 27-01-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hi, a friend of mine is looking at wedding venues in Waterford and considering the Tower Hotel.

Has anyone been to a wedding in the Tower? Was there any issue with parking there? I heard the food is good there too?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Wasnt at a wedding in it, but was in it only a month or so ago. there is a big car park out the back free for residents (maybe 100 spots) BUT it was packed the weekend i was there, usually only 1 or 2 spaces free in it. They change the exit code on the gate everyday and only give it out to hotel residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

There's a car park across from the tower one called Bolten st, its 1 euro per hour during the day, out there's a carpark behind the bus station on the quay that's 5.50 euro payable on exit, its about 200 meters away from the tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Was at a wedding there in September, the food was fantastic, service was really good too, the maitre d was excellent at his job and it went very smoothly.

As for parking, there is the hotel car park at the back, there is also Bolton St car park across the road from the hotel, again behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

Food is fantastic there. Bolton street car park is about 500meters to the rear. 1€ per hour untill 6.30 on Saturdays and free on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

It really is such a well run hotel. Food is good, staff are always friendly and the overall standard top class.

You can also use the car park if you are holding a meeting there. We hold some of our festival meetings informally in the bar in the mornings and they give us the access code for the car park even though it's just a handful of us drinking coffee. Great spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Thanks for all the answers.

My concern would be that the existing car park is too small for the up to 200 guests and because it is a Friday wedding, the guests will have to get up early to pay for the parking in the paid car parks on Saturday Morning.

Probably over thinking it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I've been to loads of weddings there, you can park out the back in the hotel carpark and the reception will give you the code to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

You might consider the quayside car parks - daily and overnight rates from 5.50 to 7 - http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/bolton_st_waterford/

Also if your guests where to park in Bolton street and load up the machine with say 7 x 1€ coin at 6pm you will be ok for

[6pm - 7 - 8 - 9.30pm] on the friday and then [08.30am - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12midday on the saturday]

I believe the parking rolls overnight so they can pay until the time they anticipate checking out (circa midday) nurse their hangovers in the morning safe in the knowledge that they won't get a ticket!

Thinking about this.... with 200 guests that's a seriously tasty function for the Tower to host. Mayhap ring them and ask them how they could help to maybe at least reserve a chunk of parking for those staying overnight or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

old gregg wrote: »
    Thinking about this.... with 200 guests that's a seriously tasty function for the Tower to host. Mayhap ring them and ask them how they could help to maybe at least reserve a chunk of parking for those staying overnight or something.

I'm sure this sort of thing must have come up before, so they could well have some sort of arrangement in place already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

We use the leisure centre and parking is chaos there on Thurs/Fri/Sat would hate to be a wedding guest arriving and not being able to get parking at the hotel . They don't seem to reserve the car parking for weddings but have seen a staff member TRYING to help people park on these days but imagine they cannot refuse people using hotel bars/restaurants/leisure centre on days of weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The parking is extremely tight, and it is pot luck. The exit code is very easy to get, I have only ever used it legitimately but I don't think it would be difficult to get even if you were not in the hotel for an event. Bolton street is very handy though - is there not an all day charge like for Millars Marsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Quay car park prices, note overnight and 24hr

cityquaycarparkpic_zps7cab5968.png

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Had my own wedding there in October and we were just so well looked after from the first meeting until checking out, with a follow up call the Monday after.
    Food is fantastic, great choice and great value. Patrick in the Tower made the day so easy, we didn't have to worry about a thing.
    No issues with parking, we had a good few staying over. PM me if you want to ask anything.
    Ballyv24 wrote: »
    Hi, a friend of mine is looking at wedding venues in Waterford and considering the Tower Hotel.

Has anyone been to a wedding in the Tower? Was there any issue with parking there? I heard the food is good there too?

dzilla wrote: »
    You might consider the quayside car parks - daily and overnight rates from 5.50 to 7 - http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/bolton_st_waterford/

Also if your guests where to park in Bolton street and load up the machine with say 7 x 1€ coin at 6pm you will be ok for

[6pm - 7 - 8 - 9.30pm] on the friday and then [08.30am - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12midday on the saturday]

I believe the parking rolls overnight so they can pay until the time they anticipate checking out (circa midday) nurse their hangovers in the morning safe in the knowledge that they won't get a ticket!

I think the ticket has to be purchased just at closing time or anytime after normal closing time
    Outside Normal Pay and Display Hours of Parking
    A Pay and Display Ticket may be purchased after the hours listed above to commence at the start hours of the following morning.

Example 1. If a Pay and Display Ticket is purchased at 22.00pm(10.00pm) on Wednesday, the machine will issue a ticket which will commence at 08.30am on Thursday.

Example 2. If a Pay and Display Ticket is purchased at 22.00pm(10.00pm) on Saturday, the machine will issue a ticket which will commence at 08.30am on Monday. If Monday is a Bank Holiday the ticket will commence at 08.30am on Tuesday.

1. Is the street at the back of hotel, one way or two way, if one way, which way.

2. How long does it take to walk from Tower Htl up to Morris diy.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    1. Is the street at the back of hotel, one way or two way, if one way, which way.

2. How long does it take to walk from Tower Htl up to Morris diy.

two way. about 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

old gregg wrote: »
    two way. about 20 mins.

10 mins at most, possibly 20 at peak times.

Advertisement