Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cross sport challenge

Options
  • 26-01-2014 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Probably going a bit overboard/optimistic with six selections in four different sports
    Ronaldo top scorer at world cup12/1
    mcilroy to win a major 5/2
    Loughguile Ht/ft 11/10 v mount leinster rangers
    liverpool top four finish 5/6
    fulham to be relegated 10/11
    ireland to win 6 nations 5/1
    €20 returns 40k+.

Action starts straight away with liverpool v everton on tue night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Hoping for liverpool and Swansea wins and if im greedy, Cardiff nabbing a point at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Interesting selections!

Good luck bud, would love to see this come home!

Thanks chompdown. Its a longshot alright but hopefully I get a bit of a run at it.

I think Fulham are struggling badly, I dont think Bervatov is ideal to be relying on in their prediciment. Their heads had dropped when Jol was there and things havent improved much under the new, untested management.

I seen Mount Leinster Rangers twice this season and their workrate, team spirit is incredible and inspiring. They have an excellent free taker as well. But they play Loughguile who were all ireland champions two years ago, they breezed through a usually very competitive Antrim championship, with strong teams in Dunloy and Cushendall. This I think will be a step too far for MLR, they might kerp in touch but Loughguile with Liam Watson in particular should have that extra bit of class to see them through.

In the six nations most years if you were backing Ireland you would want them to be playing England and France in Dublin. Thats not the case this year and I expect it to be to Irelands advantage. I dont think anyone will win the grand slam so 8 points could possibly be enough to win the six nations. Id expect Ireland to beat an understrength Wales team in Dublin and the Scots and Italians as well. That gives them an opportunity to target the two key away games in Paris and Twickenham and I fancy them to get a result in one of these fixtures. Add in the Schmidt factor, the strength in depth, the improvement in the scrum and I think at 5/1 its worth a go.

Im backing Liverpool to finish in the top four because of their attacking prowess, the top teams have to come to anfield and the teams in competition for fourth Everton, utd and spurs will all drop points as well. The fact they have no euro competition this year means they can focus almost entirely on the league. I xan see Arsenal coming back a bit with city and chelsea gradually pulling away.

When I seen Ronaldo at 12/1 I had to give it a rattle. The portugese team is totally constructed around him. He is the go to guy all the time, takes the pens and free kicks. Id expect Portugal to qualify for the knockout stages ahead of ghana & USA and he looks like scoring in every game he plays.

Mcilroy to win a major at 5/2 is probably a wee bit slim. McIlroy bounced back after throwing away the masters a coupleof years ago, he had a poor year last year by his standards. He has picked up a bit of form recently and hopefully will kick on again this year. With this selection he has four chances to come in for me, but it would be nice if he just wrapped it up nice and early at the masters.

A point for Sunderland at home to Stoke or an unlikely point for West Ham against Chelsea will send Fulham into the relegation zone. A bit early to get excited yet but at least it is going in the right direction.

Spurs home to City tonight, a city win would leave a bit if breathing space for liverpool in the race for fourth but I expect spurs to get a point.

Very good results during the week with West Ham and Sunderland leap frogging Fulham with very encouraging performances. Fulham have a tough game tomorrow against Southampton and if Cardiff could get a result against Norwich, Fulham could be bottom of the table with a horrendous list of fixtures ahead of them in the next 5/6 weeks.

Great result for Liverpool but it is important they beat wba and keep in touch with chelsea and Arsenal who both dropped points during the week. It will be interesting how Spurs get on this week after a good thumping midweek, hopefully the honeymoon period is over for Sherwood.

Most important fixture this week is Ireland v Scotland, if Ireland dont win the bet is as good as beat.

• Advertisement

Very good weekend results. Fulham are in trouble and the teams around them are fighting and winning points. I cant see them staying up.

Good win for Ireland, in a competition like the six nations the win is everything and momentum is key. Big game on sat v Wales.

Very disappointed with liverpool. They had a chance to put real distance between themselves and spurs, utd and everton and didnt get the job done. Still in a good position but Arsenal game on sat id be happy with a point even though the game is at anfield.

Mcilroy had a top ten finish too, so at least he is in better form than this time
    last year.

Loughgiel game is next week so that and Ireland v Wales and Liverpool v Arsenal will be an interesting wknd.

Good start to the weekend, Liverpool five up as we speak against Arsenal. Spurs v everton tomorrow, a draw would be a perfect result.

Id expect utd to beat Fulham which would leave them rooted to the bottom of the table and hopefully some of the teams around them pick up some points.

Im just settling down to watch the rugby and its a crucial game for this bet. Im hoping Ireland get the win, it should be a tough game regardless but England travel to Edinburgh for the next game and an upset would be unlikely but welcome.

Loughgiel play MLR tomorrow, and if it was a dry day id expect Loughgiel to come through, the weather will be a great equalizer but coming from the glens of Antrim, Loughgiel should be well used to it. After this game il either be all done or have my first selection in the winners enclosure.

Just found out loughgiel v mlr game was on today and mlr came through by a point. bet beat.

I really regret adding Loughguile to my bet especially after Ireland winning the six nations and liverpool all but securing a top four place today.

Advertisement