Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minibox Photobook? Tips for best result?

Options
  • 26-01-2014 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Has anybody used Mini Box Ireland to create a photobook?

I've got a groupon to create a 60 page hardback photobook and I want it to turn out as good as possible. (My expectations aren't particularly high but for 20 euro how much can I expect)

Looking for any tips or advice on how to get the best results from the finished product.

I've found some reviews where a couple of people complained about their photos turning out darker once printed in the photobook, so perhaps I need to keep that in mind when submitting pics.

Anyone used the service? How did your photobook turn out? Anything you'd do different to your submitted pics if doing it again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 malcolmh

I received 3 books last week and the overall quality is very poor, despite uploading high quality, high resolution images. I had the same image in two of the books yet in 1 of the books the image is very very blurred. i have emailed to see what they say.

You certainly get what you pay for in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭R0C

I forgot to follow up this thread.

I ordered 4 x 60 page hardback books.

Two were perfect, exceptional quality, I couldn't complain. I was working with very high quality images.

The third had lines through a couple of photos that looked like the printer was having issues, though the remainder of pics were fine.

The fourth book had pixelation in some pics and black specs that were not in my original photos.

I was very disappointed as I expected similar quality to the first two.

I messaged minibox via facebook where they replied within minutes, I attached a bunch of pics of the issues I had, not holding out much hope.

Without any hassle or fuss, they requested my address, reprinted both books for me for free, sent them to me for free [I had them about a week after complaining and they come from Australia] and they also gave me vouchers for 50 euro off my next orders [if you paid the full website price without a Groupon].

So, overall, I can't complain. The third book really wasn't that bad and I didn't expect they'd replace it, but they were determined to keep the customer happy.

I now have 4 good quality books [much better quality than I expected, for the price]. And 2 backup books that no-one other than me spotted any issues with.

I would use their service again, knowing that if anything is horribly wrong, they won't turn their backs. I've seen them doing the same [free reprints] for quite a few other people via their facebook page also.

It isn't going to be the same as something you pay 100+ euro for, but in their price range, I think they're the best. I also tried PrinterPix.co.uk and the quality and customer service were very disappointing.

On another note, I also since ordered a large [circa 15 euro] canvas print from minibox and the quality was better than one I had printed in Ireland previously at a cost of over 50 euro.

Advertisement