Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding dress jitters

Options
  • 26-01-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone ever bought a wedding dress and fell out of love with it, or hated it when putting it on the morning of, or looked back at your photos and thought "that's not what it looked like in the mirror"????

I'm having serious jitters about mine......
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Nicman wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone ever bought a wedding dress and fell out of love with it, or hated it when putting it on the morning of, or looked back at your photos and thought "that's not what it looked like in the mirror"????

I'm having serious jitters about mine......

I'm getting married in 6 weeks and bought my dress last may, I'm not sure about it, I don't hate it but I think if I had lots of cash I'd buy a different one
    I'm not upset about it but fear I will be on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

I'm getting married in 6 weeks and bought my dress last may, I'm not sure about it, I don't hate it but I think if I had lots of cash I'd buy a different one
    I'm not upset about it but fear I will be on the day

God I think there's just so much pressure on the bride to look her best, better than all the guests, and like a perfect picture really :-( I'm the same - I'd probably have bought something fabulous if I had more cash... Hope both you and I are pleasantly surprised on the day! When's yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

There is a lot of pressure but funnily enough dress wasn't my top priority ( normally clothes would be!)
    I do love my earrings tho they are big statement ones so they will cheer me up on the day anyway :)
    Getting married 14th march
    Getting so close now can't believe it!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Have you bought your dress already OP?

The assistant I bought mine in said that if there was even the smallest thing you werent happy with on the dress when you try it on, not to get it, as that one little detail will be in your head while its on order. And she was right. I had one dress that I wasnt sure of the neckline, and she talked me out of it. Sure enough, now my dress is in the shop, I know I picked the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I know two people who changed dresses having bought one. One of them bought the one they wore a couple of weeks before her wedding. Both worked out well. If you do decide to change then it wont be the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

I know two people who changed dresses having bought one. One of them bought the one they wore a couple of weeks before her wedding. Both worked out well. If you do decide to change then it wont be the end of the world.

Yeah guys afraid it's bought already. But I have considered asking them in the shop if I can try on others and sort of swap! It's off the rail so they didn't have to order it in. But there was nothing at all that I didn't like it either time I tried it on I loved it. But then, between a poor photo of it in the shop taken by my bmaid and the lack of wows and ooos and ahs from family etc when I tried it on for the first time for them - although they say they love it, I then started having doubts. I fear there's no wow factor and although I wanted something simple, that maybe it's too simple... Maybe I'll feel differently when I have my alterations fitting next week.........

Advertisement