Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social welfare holidays payment

Options
  • 25-01-2014 6:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

Was thinking of going to Aus for 3 months, I know i will get 2 weeks holiday pay when I come back will the dole mind if I take 3 months off from jobseeking to find myself? also will I still be entiled to Back To Education when I get back after my 3 month break does anybody Know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

Just guessing here but I would think you will have to sign off and then sign back on again when you return, I think it would only be temporary sign off if you had temporary work somewhere. As for Back to Education, you need to have been signing on for 12 months I think so I would reckon you lose any chance of getting that for this year if you've signed off :/ I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

robbiek01 wrote: »
    Was thinking of going to Aus for 3 months, I know i will get 2 weeks holiday pay when I come back will the dole mind if I take 3 months off from jobseeking to find myself? also will I still be entiled to Back To Education when I get back after my 3 month break does anybody Know?
    how so?

why Australia? also how can you afford that with dole money? If you have that kind of money why not do something productive with it, buy some tools, learn how to use them, find some kind of productive hobby that could turn into a job/self employment. you dont need to go to Australia to find yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You need to be on job seekers for 9 months to qualify for back to education for college.

You are correct that you have 2 weeks holiday period but if you take this 3 months off you will have to sign off and then sign back on again when you return

If you want 3 months in Australia you could maybe wait until summer 2015 after you finish 1st year in college

Advertisement