Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't see files on my Galaxy S4 when connected to PC

Options
  • 26-01-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have a bit of a problem I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with. I have a Galaxy S4 and when I connect it to a PC using MTP, I can see loads of folders on the device when I browse through Windows Explorer but all these folders are empty. Specifically I'm trying to transfer some videos and photos that I need for work and within the DCIM folder, there's no Camera folder.

If I check the details of an image from my phone, the path is given as "/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera/***.jpg".

I've done a good bit of Googling on this issue this morning and haven't found anything of use yet.

I've had the phone since October or November but it's set to automatically sync with dropbox or I upload directly from the phone so I've never had to use it this way before. I don't have access to WiFi so that's not an option in this instance and I figure I should get this sorted anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Do you have a screen lock or PIN code on your phone?
    You will need to enter this to get access to your phone's content if connected to PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ongarite wrote: »
    Do you have a screen lock or PIN code on your phone?
    You will need to enter this to get access to your phone's content if connected to PC.

Nope, I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

sometimes the contents of the folders can take some time to display if the device is already in use. would your anti-virus scanner or anything be trying to scan the entire contents of the phone or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Random wrote: »
    sometimes the contents of the folders can take some time to display if the device is already in use. would your anti-virus scanner or anything be trying to scan the entire contents of the phone or anything?

I don't think so but I'll try again tomorrow and will leave it for a while.

Advertisement