Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scan at 5weeks and 4 days

Options
  • 26-01-2014 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi,

I am so worried and would greatly appreciate some advice, I have PCOS diagnosed 9 years ago, the doc explained it would be difficult to conceive, my boyfriend and I got a lovely surprise 3 weeks ago when I found out I was pregnant, unsure of how far I was gone I went to my doc but he just confirmed I was pregnant and that I'd need a scan to determine how far I was gone, I waited a week and booked into a private clinic, I imagined because I didn't get my period in Dec I was def 6+ weeks, when I arrived the radiologist started and said that she wasn't happy with what she saw, I was very upset but she explained it was what she'd expect to see at about 5 seeks 4days, sac in the right place and present bit no yolk sac or baby:( she asked if I'd like to comeback next week, I agreed and we left. I am so so worried that I have miscarried. I am just wondering if anyone else out there has gone through something similar and should I wait longer than a week to go back for another scan so I know for certain next time I go?
    So confused!:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You could have ovulated later than you though which would put you a few days behind where you thought you were.

Take the doctors advice and go back, you should be able to see things a bit better at 6+4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I had a similar situation. I took a pregnancy test when my period was four days late, and it was positive. I started bleeding that same day, so went to the doctor, who got a negative pregnancy test but sent me to Holles St for a scan. The scan showed up absolutely nothing, but they kept bringing me back for scans every few days in case in was eptopic. First they found a shadow of something inside my womb but with no heartbeat, then they found a heartbeat - then they eventually confirmed it as a viable pregnancy, but with a due date a good two weeks later than my days.

So basically it would seem I had a really messed up pattern of ovulation. We weren't trying to get pregnant, so I wouldn't really have known.

I have a gorgeous perfect two week old boy now. :) I did continue bleeding for almost the first three months of pregnancy, so there was always doubt over the viability, but he's just perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

I know every pregnancy is different and everyone has worries, hopefully mine will also have a happy ending. Trying to forget about the big day on Thursday but easier said then done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I too have pcos and was told I wouldn have kids after many years of tests. Then just before I got married I was given fertility treatment and I got pregnant with my son on the 3rd medicated cycle. Anyway I thought I'd never get lucky again and took no precautions and 8 weeks after my son was born s was pregnant again naturally. When I had my dating scan on my son I was bang on what they expected and the natural pregnancy I went in and I read two weeks behind. She said it was fine going by the fact I don't get normal length cycles and took ages to get a positive test. I think with pcos ovulation happens late and every chance your just too early for scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

Went to get scan a week later, prepared myself for the worst and hoped for the best, prayers were answered and we saw a HEARTBEAT💕 I cried with happiness! What an emotional week! So happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Delighted to hear that. What great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Fantastic news massive congrats xx best of luck with your pregnancy x

Advertisement