Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary school and afterschool options and ideas in Donadea, Rathcoffey or Maynooth

Options
  • 25-01-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

It's that time of the year, need to figure out where to send DD to school but need to have good, reliable afterschool facilities nearby. Looking at the school hours and lack of afterschool activities (or info on them), it doesn't seem anyone considers parents who work for a living :mad:

Does anyone have any suggestions in the radar of Rathcoffey, Maynooth and Donadea of a good primary school, preferably with max 200 pupils, and reasonable afterschool options until end of a normal workday? Any experience of how expensive does afterschool usually works out at? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

How do parents juggle this :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

After school usually works out at 5 euro an hour.
    When is she starting school?if it is Sept have you been offered any places yet?
    DO you want a creche or childminder or the school to have after school facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kopteri

I'm still looking at the school options, if any, and the deadlines for enrollment are up in the next couple of weeks so need to make up my mind. I'm only counting on the fact that surely someone will give DD a school place and not give in to the general paranoia of lack of school places yet! I'm not fussy about childminding vs creche vs other options, whatever works the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

creche is so much more fun than a childminder.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

kopteri wrote: »
    I'm still looking at the school options, if any, and the deadlines for enrollment are up in the next couple of weeks so need to make up my mind. I'm only counting on the fact that surely someone will give DD a school place and not give in to the general paranoia of lack of school places yet! I'm not fussy about childminding vs creche vs other options, whatever works the best!

Your only chance of a school place in Maynooth will be the girls school,Kilcloon might have places,no idea about Rathcoffey and Donadea.
    A childminder is way more flexible but creche could be more fun.
    Talk to the local creches and see if they do pick up and talk to the school to see if there is an after school club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

Kinder Crescent do afterschool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Slightly further afield Little Harvard do after school in Leixlip, and do collections from the schools in Maynooth. No experience of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Crunchier

There's a small school in Staplestown. Have only heard really positive things about it. Neighbours kids very happy there. Driving by it looks lovely. Saw a recent notice about them taking enrolments now. Might be worth a shot if you haven't got a place somewhere.

Advertisement