Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling & Buying Sandyford

Options
  • 25-01-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

OK so I have decided to sell up and buy a house in Wicklow I am hoping to get 350k for my house and pay off the mortgage 158k and with the cash left over buy a house in Wicklow can you please tell me what costs I will incur in doing this .
    So basically I want to find out roughly what cash I will have to spend on the new house .
    Thank you for any help in advance fellow boarders :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 snakeoilsales

Carpenter wrote: »
    OK so I have decided to sell up and buy a house in Wicklow I am hoping to get 350k for my house and pay off the mortgage 158k and with the cash left over buy a house in Wicklow can you please tell me what costs I will incur in doing this .
    So basically I want to find out roughly what cash I will have to spend on the new house .
    Thank you for any help in advance fellow boarders :D

Why would anyone buy a house in Wicklow for 350?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Why would anyone buy a house in Wicklow for 350?

I am hoping to sell for 350k not buy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 snakeoilsales

Carpenter wrote: »
    I am hoping to sell for 350k not buy:D

I'm sure you will get it Mr Carpenter

In fact, I suggest you try to sell for 450 if the house is nice.

Believe me - the market is terrible for good house, but there is no shortage of ****ing morans who will buy at that price -

My advice add a skylight... and the morons will come, and you will be a richer Mr Carpenter

Okay

OMG

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

estate agents fees,solicitors fees,Capital gains Tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Set aside about 5k for legal stuff including stamp duty(1%) when buying. You'll pay an estate agents fee when selling, some are 1% or 2% check their websites. Tbh, the costs are lower when selling over buying for legal fees. Expect a house purchase to cost more for solicitor fees than when selling. Oh there is a BER cost when selling!

Ok so 5k selling and 6k buying inc cgt is that about right 11k total by the way this is our family home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

No CGT if its your family home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

where in sandyford is your home and is it an apartment house etc? would you think of renting out your current home and buying or renting in wicklow? So you expect to have 200k roughly after the sale, you can buy outright and have no mortgage saving interest OR hope expected appreciation in dublin prices and the cost / hassle of renting, more than covers the interest on new property. IF prices rise 10% this year, if your valuation of current home is accurate, you are looking at 35k, thats about the average wage, for doing nothing... Obviously I'm assuming you would have 20k for deposit and expenses of new house and bank would approve loan etc, which may not be the case...

Idbatterim wrote: »
    where in sandyford is your home and is it an apartment house etc? would you think of renting out your current home and buying or renting in wicklow? So you expect to have 200k roughly after the sale, you can buy outright and have no mortgage saving interest OR hope expected appreciation in dublin prices and the cost / hassle of renting, more than covers the interest on new property. IF prices rise 10% this year, if your valuation of current home is accurate, you are looking at 35k, thats about the average wage, for doing nothing... Obviously I'm assuming you would have 20k for deposit and expenses of new house and bank would approve loan etc, which may not be the case...

Thank you for the reply but I am 52 now so getting another mortgage is a no no and 20k to me now would be like a million the idea is to get mortgage free because my wife is very sick and I need to get a bungalow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement