Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer south east asia

Options
  • 25-01-2014 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey

So i'm doing a six month trip and would like to do some volunteer work in either northern Thailand or Vietnam. Teaching would be my preference but I'm an accountant so could also give help with that.

Any body on here done this previously and can recommend a good organisation? quite wary about who I do this with and want to make sure that if I do have to pay a fee that its actually used in the charity.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Best thing is to Google organisations that work there and ask if they need help. Just make sure it's not one of these volunteer abroad companies. Generally speaking if you're going to volunteer for less than a month you'll have to pay. It's only worth their while if you're staying a while, unless you're working on a specific project.

Advertisement