Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Parking

Options
  • 24-01-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a question. I want to rent car for the weekend for 2 days but I don't know how the parking system is working? Can I park on street?
    I live in People's Park area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

Is there any signs around the area indicating if it is ok to park or not? If its paid parking between certain times of the day etc. You need to check for those.

If no signs are there and there is room to park then you can more than likely park. Are other people parked on the street? Is there double yellow lines?

You could check with the city council if you really wanted to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Well there is a paid parking machine next to the new newly built apartments on people's Park. Any idea if parking is free in the night hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Well there is a paid parking machine next to the new newly built apartments on people's Park. Any idea if parking is free in the night hours?

That information varies from street to street, but it should be posted up on or near the parking machine.

FWIW, I don't know of anywhere on street in Waterford where you would be charged for parking after 8 in the evening or before 7 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks, well i couldn't contact the city council as it is closed in the weekend.

I have seen cars parked on side of street near my home. I guess I will just park there and it's for 2 days only.

Advertisement