Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC level 5 --> FETAC level 5, BTEA

Options
  • 24-01-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

I am doing a FETAC level 5 at the moment in Nutrition and receiving BTEA. When I was interviewed for the course I was told that the course would link me into Human Nutrition in DIT (i.e that I could progress into the Human Nutrition from the Nutrition course if I got a minimum of 5 Distinctions). It also says it on the college's website. Well, as it turns out, I can't get into Human Nutrition without Chemistry, which I wasn't aware of and wasn't advised about, nor was it mentioned in the interview or on the website. Nearly half my class are in the same situation as me. As it turns out, my college is introducing Food Science Level 5 next year. which includes Chemistry and lab work and would definitely link us into Human Nutrition. My question is, would I be able to still receive BTEA next year? I know you have to be progressing so I should be going into a Level 6, but I don't have that option without chemistry. Do the SW make allowances or exceptions in these kinds of situations or is it really strict?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

It is really strict. You need to find a level 6 that will have the requirements DIT require.

Advertisement