Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renegade X

Options
  • 24-01-2014 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Should be good fun. Totally free to play Command and Conquer FPS-RTS title in open beta next month. Modern reworking of Command and Conquer Renegade, for anyone else who remembers that lackluster effort.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Could be fun, Renegade was a blast in multiplayer but it was kind of ahead of it's time. Single player sucked dick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Whoah, there's a blast from the past. The Westwood SAGE engine, lol. Even for its time it was a pretty poor engine, but Renegade itself was a bit of a trailblazer really.

I played a SP demo of Renegade X about a year ago - least I think it was - I wonder if they still aim to release a full version of that or if it has become a solely multiplayer-focused mod? While the AI was very ropey, the shooting & vehicle action was solid so this could be a good 'un.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Renegade-X is UE3 I think. Must give Renegade original a go someday. I remember buying it when it was first released, and finding it....mildly acceptable. Course, I would've been a lot younger and more inclined towards brainless entertainment...but I do remember it fondly enough I have to say.

On the whole, I feel that C&C has been waning since the glory days of Red Alert and Retaliation, maybe that's just me.

Cncren-cover.jpg

Advertisement