Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Shootout 2014.

Options
  • 24-01-2014 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭

A 1 frame (max10 minute) knockout, live on Sky Sports from the Blackpool Tower Room.
    Not everyones come of tea, including it seems a lot of the top players with O'Sullivan, Trump, Robertson and Ding amongst the top players giving it a miss leading to some unusual names in the 64 man field.

Personally I find it fun, though moreso the first year when players played it badly - shot selection & clock management were getting a bit better last year.

Anyway, live on Sky over the next few days starting tonight with 16 games from the L64 round.

First round draw here (re-draw after every round).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Snooker_Shoot-Out#Round_1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

That ref needs to get out. He's making rules up as he goes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Love the format, and I know it's a different style, but can't help be pissed off by the darts type crowd at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

That ref needs to get out. He's making rules up as he goes along.

I can only assume he's also a pool referee and got confused with the 9ball pool 'must hit cushion' rule and the snooker shootout 'must hit cushion' rule.
    9 ball = a ball must hit a cushion after the object ball has been hit.
    shootout = a ball must hit a cushion at any stage of the shot.

Dave Harold kinda had a case for a rematch I thought, such a game changing decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This is brilliant, I really like the time limit rule and it actually makes snooker watchable. I wonder would Fergal O'Brien be fan of this format.

How camp is that Dominic Dale lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Charlie19 wrote: »
    This is brilliant, I really like the time limit rule and it actually makes snooker watchable. I wonder would Fergal O'Brien be fan of this format.

How camp is that Dominic Dale lad.

He's incredible, has to be the campest heterosexual I've ever seen.
    Deserved winner, and seemed to be enjoying the unique format as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He's incredible, has to be the campest heterosexual I've ever seen.
    Deserved winner, and seemed to be enjoying the unique format as well.

Yeah definitely but I had thought he might of just thrown it away but Bingham couldn't take advantage. I was rooting him and then he sings a bit of Sinatra, great stuff.

Advertisement