Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE seems to loose my documentation?

Options
  • 24-01-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I reapplied for my medical card in November and sent all supporting documentation required by them; including copies of letters from SW stating me and my boyfriend are both on BTEA.But Just before Christmas I received a letter from them asking me to provide documentary evidence of BTEA.
    I thought it was a mistake and recently I spoke with an officer on the phone who told me that: "they didn't receive it". I told them it's impossible because it was sent together with other documents in one envelope which they did receive.. As an answer the lady said that if I still have original letters from SW they will not accept them if they're older than 3 months-I think she said 3. There was no sorry from her although I told her it was sent.
    I'm really frustrated because I applied for medical card in November and because of their mistakes I had to resend these letters- I sent them the old ones hopefully they will accept them cuz it would take time to get the new ones from SW. Has anyone had similar problems with HSE??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

annaj wrote: »
    I reapplied for my medical card in November and sent all supporting documentation required by them; including copies of letters from SW stating me and my boyfriend are both on BTEA.But Just before Christmas I received a letter from them asking me to provide documentary evidence of BTEA.
    I thought it was a mistake and recently I spoke with an officer on the phone who told me that: "they didn't receive it". I told them it's impossible because it was sent together with other documents in one envelope which they did receive.. As an answer the lady said that if I still have original letters from SW they will not accept them if they're older than 3 months-I think she said 3. There was no sorry from her although I told her it was sent.
    I'm really frustrated because I applied for medical card in November and because of their mistakes I had to resend these letters- I sent them the old ones hopefully they will accept them cuz it would take time to get the new ones from SW. Has anyone had similar problems with HSE??

This happens ALL the time. It happens so often I'm lead to believe that they actually hope you'll just get fed up with the process and forget about it. My parents were nearly a year trying to renew medical cards because they "didn't receive" the documents so many times, even when sent by registered post they tried to say they didn't get them even though we had the receipt to prove they did. My advise would be to do the same, and keep calling them. And make copies of EVERYTHING in case they "lose" them. Best of luck!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Not a state benefits matter.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement