Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Carmel Gone Into Liquidation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

kitten_k wrote: »

Saw this earlier. The other dublin Maternity hospitals could get even busier. Very sad for all the staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

Very sorry to hear this. I had my baby there last week and I had a wonderful experience. The staff were so helpful and nice. Something will have to be done about the maternity services around Dublin as the other hospitals are under do much pressure as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Its awful for the staff/patients of Mount Carmel and the staff/patients in the other hospitals.
    I gave birth 2 weeks ago in Holles Street and although the care I and my baby received were second to none, the staff there are already overworked. In some cases, the midwives were operating between 2 or 3 different postnatal wards and even at that the wards are full. Thats before you factor in staff on the labour suites - all 10 were full when I was there and no sooner was baby delivered and given the all clear then you were shipped out and someone else took your place.
    James Reilly is deluded if he thinks that the birth rate in Ireland is dropping - he obviously hasn't been within an asses roar of the antenatal department in Holles Street in a long time and if he thinks that the other hospitals can meet the demands that the closure of Mount Carmel will place on them then he's got another think coming. One of the nights I was in, one of the midwives joked that the next pregnant woman admitted would be giving birth on the roof as they were actually at capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I feel so sorry for the staff, it's dreadful. We had our baby last week in holles street but after a lot googling we decided against it. When I got a tour of it they told me they only deliver a max of 5 babies a day, with an average of 25 in a week. Based on those figures if they were divided up between even the dublin hospitals it wouldn't be too bad. I couldn't image how many babies are delivered in holles street per day! I was lucky the day I was in holles street my ward was 6 beds with only 4 occupied! But when I left after a few hours it was up to 6. It is a real blow for expectant mothers as there was already a consultant who left (with little warning I think) and all the mums to be were transferred to other consultants and now this for them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement